The Eternal Creation.
2Pet.3: 3 – 13.
Intro. We have looked at the coming of Christ for the Marriage of the Lamb, then we have seen how He will set up a Thousand year reign in which time he deals with His enemies, ruling with His Bride (The Church) a time of unknown peace and prosperity for the world now we look at the culmination of everything.
Satan loosed for a Final Showdown.
- Rev.20: 7 – 10 Satan is released to stir up the hearts of men against Jesus and His reign. Sin and deception are still in the hearts of men.
- gathering of the nations (Rev.20: 8b number like sands of the seashore)
- This is man’s final and greatest rebellion against God; Satan as their supreme commander.
- Satan’s doom predicted. Same place as the beast and false prophet – eternal torment.
The Old Heaven and Earth Renovated by Fire.
- From the flames of Peter’s prophecy, a new Creation.
- For those who scoff, Peter refers to past situations – a reminder of Father’s determination to rid His creation of sin. (Vrs.3 – 7)
- Peter talks of intense heat in Vrs.10 and 12.
- In spite of these frightening events, Peter encourages us to look forward to the creation of a new Heaven and Earth with diligence.
The New Heaven and Earth.
- Rev.21: 1 – 4. John’s description of the new Heaven and Earth is described as a Bride adorned for her groom.
- It’s the bringing together of all the heavens and earth including the third heaven, the dwelling place of God. 2Cor.12: 1 – 4.
- Suffering, pain, and tears does not exist in this new creation/renovation. Rev.21:4b ‘…the first things have passed away…’
- Death will no longer have any part to play. (We will look at this next week)
- The promise is to all who accept Jesus as Saviour. Rev.21: 6 – 8.
Summary. There will always be an earth and Heaven but Father has a plan to renew the whole of creation: A place where righteousness and unity dwell, a place where sin has no existence and a paradise where suffering and death have been destroyed.